Saturday, January 9, 2016

January Rest - Week One


January Reset is a project created by Lemon and Raspberry you can check out her blog here to read more about it and how to do your own reset. Each week there is a different set of journaling ideas to help you along on the journey. So today I am going to focus on week one. #JanuaryReset

Wins for 2015 - I took a leap of faith and quit my job that was causing me a lot of misery so I am going to consider that a win in my book. Another win for us last year is that we had a lot of family come to visit us. My niece Kayla and her husband Tyler came the first part of June, My niece Brianna and her boyfriend Chase came two weeks later. Even though we got to see each of them for one day it was such a pleasure to get to see them. Then my mother in law, grandma and sister in law came to visit in October. We love them so much and had a nice visit. The last visit we had was from my sister, her husband and two little ones in November. It was such a treat to see the little ones and how much they have grown. We gained a new furbaby this last year as well. Her name is Sissy and she is a great dog. 


Loses for 2015 - Not only was it a win for me to quit my job but it was also a loss as the loss of income has made things a little tight for us but we are managing. I would also have to say I lost someone who I thought was going to be a good friend to me. When I left my job one of the ladies who I thought was a good friend said we should stay in touch. I tried but I got tired of it being one sided as well as her not answering text messages or phone calls. It was actually kind of hurtful to me. But life goes on. A big loss we had in our family was weight. My daughter had gastric bypass surgery and as of today has lost 80 pounds. We are very proud of her. Luckily I can not think of any other losses for the year so if there were they must not have been life changing. 



Goals I reached in 2015 - I did not really set any goals for 2015 but I did participate in the One Little Word project by Ali Edwards and I stuck with the project. Another thing I completed last year was I was given a day by day journal and I have to say everyday has a passage. I will admit that I missed some days and then I would play catchup though, but I finished it by the end of the year and that is the main goal. 


I wish I'd had been a little more positive in 2015. I started off the year being very positive and goal oriented with my dreams but as the year went on I seemed to get a little down. It has been hard looking for a job and sending out resume after resume but never hearing one word from anyone. With not having a job money has been tight and things have gotten behind so you tend to get a little down at times. I have done pretty good for the most part with staying positive but I had my slips with some things. 

People who helped me in 2015 - I would have to say first and foremost my husband. If not for him and his supporting me I would not have been able to quit my job nor have had the courage to stand up for myself. The next person who helped me would be my daughter, she is one of the most supportative people in my life. She can make me smile and we can also have a good cry together. I am very proud to call her my daughter. My son has also been helpful with things and learned to step up with some things I needed him to. He is a good son to have. 


This year, I need to cut out all the self doubt and negativity. Two years ago I used the word change as my word of the year as I wanted to change and become a better person. I am on the path to doing this and it is an ongoing journey. I tend to have a low self esteem and doubt myself when trying to make decisions about things I want to do. This year I want not doubt that I am not good enough for a good job, good enough to find a friend, good enough to write my dream book and good enough for anything I put my mind to. Negativity is such horrible thing in the world right now especially with all the political ads going on. Each day I battle closing my mind to all the negative things around me, whether it be other's negative thoughts, negative stories in the media or thinking things will not change. But this year will be my year of more positive then negative in my life. 

This year, I need to add happiness. Not only do I want to be happy but I want to remain a positive thinking person. If you learn to look at the positive side of things then you can and will become a more positive person which is what I plan to do from here on out. I am also positive that I will find the job I want and need which will also make me a happy person for so many reasons. This will be a year of happiness for me and hope you as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment