Thursday, October 1, 2015

Currently - September


This blog post is brought to you by Kristin at Rukristin (click here to visit). I like her idea of telling your story one week at a time. I am going to tweek mine a little and tell you my story one month at a time and give you a recap at the end of the month.

Watching
I found a few new shows to try out during the month of September. My daughter and I have started watching The Bastard Executioner - it is ok but not great. I am hoping it gets better. We also found a couple of new real estate shows. Next Step Realty which is a show about young real estate agents in New York who are helping people find apartments to rent. The other is called American Rehab. We have watched Detroit, Charleston, Virginia, Victoria and now Buffalo is starting. This show is about someone who takes a house and restores it back to new. Most of them are restoring the houses back to how they were orginally. I love shows like this. 

Reading
In the month of September I read Sherlock Holmes for the first time ever. I read the first two books in the series. They were ok but not for me I do not think I will read anymore of those books. I also read Nora Roberts' Dark Witch which is the first book in her Cousins O'Dwyer series. It was a good book and I am looking forward to finishing the series. I also read the second book in the Assassin's Creed series by Oliver Bowden: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - I really enjoy this series and look forward to the next one. Lastly I read Dark Chocolate Demise by Jenn McKinlay the newest in her Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series. This is one of my all time favorite series to read. 

Feeling 
I have felt nervous and excited in the month of September. Let's start with nervous. I got a call to do an interview for a job I applied for at Michael's Arts and Crafts. I am always nervous when I go on interviews. Well it went well and I got the job. I work on what they call the replenishment team which means I stock shelves. I work from 5am to 10:30am which is fine with me but it is nerve wracking starting a new job and learning how places do things. I have also been excited as my mother in law and grandma are coming to visit next Tuesday. We have been looking forward to this trip for awhile now. We can't wait to see them. Another thing that made me nervous this month was that my daughter had gastric bypass surgery at the beginning of the month. It has been a learning experience for me but it is something I had no control over. 

Grateful
This last month seemed to fly but which I am thiking is a good thing as then you do not have the time to worry about things. I have been grateful for all the pen pal letters I have received during the month as they just brighten my day. I am grateful that my daughter's surgery went well and she is healing nicely. Not only is she healing well but her self esteem is greatly improving. I am grateful that my son is still doing well at his job and is maybe looking at getting a promotion. Last but not least I am grateful I have a job even if it may be a seasonal job. I am happy to be able to get out of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment