Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Circle: There's No Place Like Home


The Circle is a monthly link-up that was born with dreams of creating a place for bloggers to get to know one another just a little bit better and to make new friends, too. As C.S. Lewis wisely wrote, I want more bloggers to have this feeling: "FRIENDSHIP IS BORN AT THAT MOMENT WHEN ONE PERSON SAYS TO ANOTHER: 'WHAT! YOU TOO? I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.'"

The Circle Link-Up is hosted by In Its Time Blog along with a different co-host each month. She will send out an email each month with the topic for that month. This month is There's No Place Like Home and the co-host is Sunshine to teh Square Inch. If you would like to participate and link up please go here

There's No Place Like Home


I live in Florida at the moment but I will always consider Nebraska my home. In the words of Rodney Atkins: These are my people, this is where I come from. Florida is a nice place to visit but I do not care for living here and in the near future hope to move back North. 

What is my favorite part about home? I am going to answer this in two parts. First what I love about my home as in the home I live in is my family. My husband and kids (even though they are adults now) are my pride and joy, my life, my everything. I do what I can to make them happy and feel loved. Another thing that makes me feel at home in my house is my books, if I did not have my shelves of books I would be lost. Then you must add in the furbabies - the two dogs and five cats a house is just a house without them. They each have their own personality and can make you smile when you are feeling down. 

My son Matt and our dog Sissy

My wall of books

My second part of my answer of what I like about home is about Nebraska. In Nebraska things are still done at a slower pace, people still wave when driving down the country roads, only takes minutes to get to where you want to go not hours, the views of the countryside are beautiful not full of buildings, most of my family is there, you have four seasons not two (hot and hotter), people want to be outdoors and get together and last but not least and the most important to me it is full of memories. 

Fall in Nebraska

Winter in Nebraska

Spring in Nebraska

Summer in Nebraska

No matter where I live in this world Nebraska will always be home and I will see the above scenes in my mind for the rest of my life. And always remember this about Nebraska:








2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Nebraska before, but those photos are convincing me to change that! :) I also love what you said about family making where you live a home--I couldn't agree with you more!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seasons in Nebraska look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete