Tuesday, September 1, 2015

One Little Word (DREAM) - July and Grateful #2



Image credit to Ali Edwards. You can check out her website and learn more about One Little Word by clicking here

The task for July is a hard one for me as I am not really into music. So this makes it hard to find songs that fit my word for me. I know there are plenty of songs that have dream in them but I have to find what works for me. 

The first song that comes to mind that would be a fit for me and my word is God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton. This is connected to my word as it reminds me of how much Scott is there to help me with my dreams and how encouraging he can be. I love this song because it makes me smile when I think about Scott and how we feel about each other. This song generally makes me feel happy and proud of my marriage. 

'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt

As much as I do not want to admit it as I am not on the Frozen bandwagon the song Let It Go seems fitting after I read the lyrics. I felt as if this connected with my word because it is telling you to let it go, be who you are and follow your heart all things you need to remember on your journey to fulfill your dreams. I liked this song because it helps me to know that I can do this and let all the doubt go. This song makes me feel alive. 

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free

The next song that I found that I thought was fitting is Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. This song connects with dream because it reminds me to hold my head up and to keep moving towards my dreams. I like this song because it reminds me of the time when I met Scott and soon after married. For me this song helps me to remember to feel positive and encouraged. 

Hold your head up
Keep your head up, movin up

The last song that I found that was fitting for me is I Have a Dream by ABBA. I feel as if this song connects with my word because it reminds me to think of my dreams night and day. This song makes me feel good about having dreams to reach for. 

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while

Even though this was a hard activity for me I am glad that I did it as it opened my eyes to a couple of songs I would not normally listen to. 

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

I am going to join in on Ember Grey's linkup where you write what you are grateful each day this week. Be sure to stop by her site if you would like to join in.

Today I am grateful for my podcasts. When I am working on the computer, driving alone in the car or writing pen pal letters I like to listen to podcasts. In case you do not know what these are they are like talk shows and I find them fun and interesting. Today I am starting a new one to me and it is called The Pen Addict - I love pens and these two guys love talking about them so this should be a good fit.

Some of my other favorites are in no particular order:
The Art of Simple (talks about living life simply)
Book Club Girl (talks about books)
The Sarah R. Bagley Posdcast (talks about perfectionism and  how to overcome it)
Happier with Gretchen Rubin (talks about how to be happier in your life)
Ben Franklin's World (talks about history)
Paperclipping Roundtable (talks about scrapbooking)
Elise Gets Crafty (talks about crafts, small business and life)

I am always looking for new podcasts so if you have a favorite I would like to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment