Sunday, August 16, 2015

Thinking


Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about a lot of different things. Do you ever have times where it seems that you are deep in thought more than normal? I think that it is a good thing to take time to take the time to think things through. It can be a good thing to think before you say or do that way you do not say something you regret or doing something the wrong way. Whenever I have a quiet moment especially at bedtime my mind seems to wander. What have I been thinking about you ask?

One of the things that I have been thinking about the most lately is my Grandma Mayberry. I lost her nine years ago and it still seems as if it was just yesterday. I have taken to talking to her each night before I go to sleep. When she was still with us I would go to her house just to visit. We would talk about books, TV shows, family or whatever but I was able to talk to her about anything. So I have been using this time to get things off my chest and not hold things in so much. It has really helped me with stress and I find myself looking forward to the end of the day so I can tell her about things that are bothering me or that I am excited about. Do you have anyone that you wish you could still talk to?



I recently read a book call The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright and in it the character wrote a letter every Wednesday to his wife. This has got me to thinking I would like to do this. But who do I write the letter to, I want to write to my grandma and my husband so do I do both? For me I think I am going to do the letter in a journal and I am going to do it on a Monday or a Friday.  I think if I use one of these days then I can give a recap of my thoughts for the week. Also I think by writing them in a journal will be good so they are all in one place. The letter writing format to me I think will make the journal writing even easier. 


Another big thing on my mind is moving. As a family we have been discussing moving to a new state. We are not happy living here in Florida anymore for a number of reasons. Therefore we are looking at a few different places we would like to live. The top three choices are Alaska, Colorado and Northern Georgia. We have a few criteria that we are looking at for our big move. Mine are I want four seasons, a place to do outdoor activities, a minimum of three bedrooms (prefer four) and two bathrooms. Scott wants to move where he can do gold prospecting. The kids are good with what we chose as they just do not want to live here. We are also looking at the cost of living and the availability of jobs and the rate of pay. So we have been doing a lot of research and thinking about what would be best for our family. 


Lastly I have been just thinking about life in general. We seem to have some things stressing us lately and we are trying to work through them. The big one is money and jobs. I have been trying to look for a job a little more and money seems to have been a big issue lately. My mother in law, grandma and sister in law are coming for a visit in October and I have been thinking about what we are going to do when they are here. My anniversary is in December and we have been deciding what we want to do this year. Rachel is having a surgery in the next month or so and I keep thinking and worrying about that and how it will effect her life. I think of things I need to do - what to have for supper, doctor's appointments that needs made, pen pal letters to write, etc. It is a good thing for you to take a few minutes each day to think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment