Friday, August 28, 2015

Hurricanes - Not a fan


This weekend we are preparing for the possible hit by a hurricane. At the very least we will have high winds and lots of rain with possible flooding. For me I tend to get a little stressed out wondering how bad it will. Scott on the other hand says oh it will not be bad. Luckily we are able to get good weather reports from his job and it does look like it will just be the high winds and rain. I still am not happy. 


So what do you do while you wait for a hurricane - you prepare. There are many different ways to prepare for it. You need to make sure you have water, flashlights and non-perishable foods. For me I also want to make sure I have plenty to read. 

This is one of the few reasons why I do not like living in Florida. Normally you do not have many hurricanes but there is always that chance. Our hurricane season runs from June to November so you are always on the look out during that time. 

So until the time I am forced to stay put in the house due to weather I am going to get out and run some errands and get prepared both phsically and mentally. 

1 comment: