Monday, August 31, 2015

Currently - July and August Updates and Grateful #1


This blog post is brought to you by Kristin at Rukristin (click here to visit). I like her idea of telling your story one week at a time. I am going to tweek mine a little and tell you my story one month at a time and give you a recap at the end of the month.

Watching
My kids and I have been on a Game of Thrones kick. I am new to this show and we are now on season two and I am really enjoying it. The more I watch the more I am sucked into it. I also have been watching Beach Flip on HGTV and I am happy that the team I was going for won, I loved their house. Flea Market Flip is another shop that I watch as much as possible. I like to see how the teams take junk and turn them into treasures. I also watched the mini series Tut about King Tut - it was not a bad show. Next up was the mini series The Making of the Mob - New York - this too was a good show and told the history of the old mafia members. One day I binged watched Rachel v. Guy: Kids Cook Off - I was so amazed at how well these kids can cook - the show just sucked me in. I also have been watching the new season of Who Do You Think You Are - this is where people help stars trace their family history. I only wish my family history was as easy to find as their's is. Some of them have some great stories. 

Reading
The last two months I have had been able to read a lot of books, most of them good a couple not so much.

In July I read -  A Wedding on Primrose Street by Sheila Roberts - this is the newest book in her Icicle Falls series. I have loved each of the books in this series. The Newcomer and The Hero by Robyn Carr - these are two books in her newest series - Thunder Valley - she is one of my go to authors. To Capture Her Heart by Rebecca DeMarino - this is the second book in her Southold Chronicles and a very good historical fiction book. Paris Letters by Janice Macleod and Seven Letters From Paris by Samantha Verant were both very good memoirs about finding love in Paris. The Seakeeper's Daughter by Lisa Wingate - this is the third book in her Carolina Heirlooms series - I have loved each of these books and they are some of the books I would highly recommend. The books in this series can be read as stand alone books. 

In August I read - The Great Estate by Sherri Browning - this is the third book in her Thornbrook Park series and a very enjoyable romance series. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer and Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel were both disappointing books for me. Room for Improvement by Stacey Ballis - this was a fun chick lit book. Murder She Barked by Krista Davis - this is the first book in her Paws and Claws cozy mystery series and a cute book. Klondike Medicine Woman by Linda Ford - this was an ok historical fiction book. The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright - this has to be one of the best books I have read. 

Feeling
The last two months have been very stressufl and at times I have almost felt overwhelmed. Finances have been tight which always causes stress. My daughter is getting ready for surgery which has caused worry for me. On a good note my son's job is going well, my husband escaped layoffs at work, my daughter turned 20, my niece celebrated her first anniversary and we have our health. So there are have also been some joys this month. 

Enjoying
In the last couple of months I have enjoyed looking at other's coloring in a new adult coloring group I joined on Facebook so that has got me motivated to do some more coloring of my own. I also joined a group on Facebook for pen addicts and I have enjoyed seeing other's collections and now know my collection is not as bad as some others is. I have been trying to find more family time with my kids and have been enjoying the time I have been spending with them. As adults your kids don't always want to do things with mom but I am glad my kids still do. I am also enjoying seeing all the back to school pictures of family and friend's kids. 


Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

I am going to join in on Ember Grey's linkup where you write what you are grateful each day this week. Be sure to stop by her site if you would like to join in. 

Today I am grateful that Hurricane Erika has disbanned and is now just a tropical storm. So instead of getting hurricane force winds and rain we are just getting thunderstorms. I do not like storms and did not want to have to go through a hurricane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment