Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Every Day in May - Day 6 - Foods we eat




This is a project started by Life Behind the Purple Door. She has posted an idea for a blog post everyday in May. I thought it would be a good idea so I am going to join in. If you would like to join in as well you can go to her site at Life Behind the Purple Door and see the list of ideas. 

Foods we eat
In our house we are trying to learn how to eat a little more healthy so we don't have much junk food in our house anymore.  We have traded out potato chips and candy bars for cheez-its, trail mix and granola bars. Now we do have the occasional slip but that is ok. 

I plan out our menus for two weeks at a time and it can be challenging to think of new things so you do not get tired of eating the same ole same ole things. We have six people in our house,  My husband and me, my 23 year old son, 19 year old daughter and my parents - so with all these people it is hard to please everyone but I try my best. I always make sure if we are having something that someone does not like then there is an alternative that they can fix for themselves to eat. 

Here is our menu for this two weeks starting on last Saturday. 

Saturday we had pizza from a new pizza place we wanted to try
Sunday we  had steak, salad and mashed potatoes
Monday we had tastees (loose meats)  and chips
Tuesday we had hot dogs and mac & cheese
Wednesday we are having Baked Ziti and cheesecake - today is my son's birthday and this is his requested meal. 

I don't always plan which day we are having what so here is the rest of our list of  meals

Ham and mashed potatoes
Homemade chicken strips and onion rings
Frozen Pizzas (this is about the only frozen meal we eat)
Enchiladas 
Tomato Soup and grilled cheese
Stuffed Peppers
Pork chops and potatoes and green beans
Fish - baked and steamed broccoli 
Roast with potatoes and carrots

What is your favorite meal?

2 comments:

  1. I plan meals per day for a week, but am flexible with switching them around as schedules dictate. I love knowing I have what I need to serve a week worth of dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, you've given me some ideas to try, the kids love tacos, so it would be easy to try enchiladas, and I'd forgotten about baked ham, a Christmas favourite that can be eaten any time of year!

    ReplyDelete