Friday, May 22, 2015

Every Day in May - Day 22 - Share a recipe


This is a project started by Life Behind the Purple Door. She has posted an idea for a blog post everyday in May. I thought it would be a good idea so I am going to join in. If you would like to join in as well you can go to her site at Life Behind the Purple Door and see the list of ideas.


Share a recipe

In my house we like to make runzas so I will share the recipe for those. This recipe is handed down from my grandma. What are runzas you say. Well they are are ground beef, onions, and cabbage cooked together and then put into bread dough and baked. Sounds good right? Well I will give you the recipe and instructions on how to make them. 

Runzas

Ingredients
4 pounds ground beef
2 onions chopped
1 large head of cabbage - chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
36 frozen bread rolls - thawed and raised (we use Rhodes)

Instructions
Brown the ground beef, onions, cabbage and seasonings until cooked through then drain. Here is a picture of what your cooked mixture should look like.



Nest spread the bread dough to about the size of your hand and fill with the meat mixture. Use your judgement as to how much but I use about 3 tablespoons or so. Then you will crimp the edges of the dough together and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Here is a link to a video of how to make the runzas: Runza how to video

Here is a picture of the runzas before they go into the oven. 

And here is a picture of the finished product

I hope you will give these a try and enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment