Friday, May 15, 2015

Every Day in May - Day 15 - What would you do with a million dollars


This is a project started by Life Behind the Purple Door. She has posted an idea for a blog post everyday in May. I thought it would be a good idea so I am going to join in. If you would like to join in as well you can go to her site at Life Behind the Purple Door and see the list of ideas.

What would you do with a million dollars

I have thought of the answer to this question more than once in my lifetime. It is fun to dream of things you would do if you had the money. 

The first thing I would do would be to pay off my parent's home and make sure the minor repairs were done. Then I would buy my dream house along with Scott's dream garage. Next would be to buy a house for his mom. I am torn as to what I want my dream house to be. I have always wanted a house that was like Tara in Gone with the Wind but I also love log cabins so I may take a page out of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's life and do a house like theirs. Antebellum in the front log cabin in the back. 

Next I would like to buy the vehicles we want to have. I want a Dodge Diesel Truck and a '71 Nova that my husband restored. I know we also would like a VW Jetta TDI and I would love for Scott to be able to finish restoring his '69 VW bug. 

I would also make sure all of our bills are paid off so we don't have to worry each week about where the bill money is coming from. After all the necessities are done Scott and i would love to travel Europe and Australia. There are many places we would love to visit. Then we would travel the US and see all we wanted to see. 

In my travels I would of course do some shopping for some momentos and of course I would buy any book I wanted. 

We would also be sure to invest some of our money so we would be able to life off the money for the rest of our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to travel as well! Great list. Practical and fun.

    ReplyDelete