Thursday, May 14, 2015

Every Day in May - Day 14 - Create a How To Post


This is a project started by Life Behind the Purple Door. She has posted an idea for a blog post everyday in May. I thought it would be a good idea so I am going to join in. If you would like to join in as well you can go to her site at Life Behind the Purple Door and see the list of ideas.

Write a how-to post

This is a little bit of a difficult post for me as I don't really have anything to write a how to post about. 

How to be a good pen pal
I have recently got back into pen palling and have been enjoying it. So I will tell you what I think it takes to be a good pen pal. 

First of all and most importantly is to write back in a timely manner. If you do not your pen pal make think you no longer want to write to them. 

Try to write legibly if you can't write where your pen pal can read what  you are writing then you may want to think about typing your letter. 

Don't make all of your letters a complaining session. If everything you write about is negative things then you may not get a letter back. 

Write what is going on in your life. It is ok if you do not have exciting things going on all the time. Just write about what is going on right now or what you are reading, listening to, or watching. Write about your feelings on an issue. Just write about anything you would like to talk about. Imagine you are at lunch with a friend, what would you talk about? Write that down. 

Find some fun papers, pens and envelopes. It is fun getting or sending letters on different papers. I am not saying go out and buy expensive stationary or pens. You can find papers all over that don't cost much. Try your office supply store, the dollar store, etsy or anywhere you do your shopping. I think it is fun to buy new pens as well. I like using different colored inks. As for the envelopes - I have received some letters in the coolest envelopes. I had one pen pal who made an envelope out of an old book. A lot of my pen pals use washi or a type of washi tape to decorate the envelopes. It takes a plain envelope and turns it into a cute envelope. 

Find pen pals that are interesting to you. There are pen pal websites out there where you can find a pen pal. Try to find one that you have something in common with or that you feel comfortable writing to. Here are some links to a few sites I have used: Pen Pal of the Week Letter Writers Alliance Pen Pal World League of Extraordinary Pen Pals

Last but not least have fun and enjoy getting to know people from all over the world and making some life long friends. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I've never had a pen pal although several people I've known have done it. Wonderful how-to!
    (visiting from Blog Every Day in May)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun having a pen pal - if you ever want to try it out I am game with being a pen pal with you.

      Delete