Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Every Day in May - Day 12 - Write a Letter to Someone


This is a project started by Life Behind the Purple Door. She has posted an idea for a blog post everyday in May. I thought it would be a good idea so I am going to join in. If you would like to join in as well you can go to her site at Life Behind the Purple Door and see the list of ideas.

Write a letter to someone

Dear Grandma, 

It has been nine years since I have been able to talk to you or to see you I know you are in a better place now and would not have liked living with alzheimer's disease. It was harder on you going through that then us I am sure. I can't imagine not knowing anyone anymore. I miss being able to go to your house and sit and visit. I have read some books that I would love to tell you about as I think you would like them too. 

My kids did not get as much time to get to know you and do things with you as I would have liked them to. You would like my kids as they are good kids. I think you would also be proud of both of them for going to college. Matthew does remember you but not much as what he remembers is your dog Rusty and how he was a grumpy little dog. I hate it that Rachel does not remember you. She does know where you lived and has heard some stories about you. 

I wish we would have wrote down more of your history and life's stories. I know you had some good ones to tell. I am very proud to be your granddaughter and even though I can't talk to you in person I do still talk to you in my thoughts. I hope you and grandpa are having a good time and I can't wait until the day I get to see you again as I have a lot to tell you. 

Love 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment