Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ultimate Blog Challenge - April 2015



I found this neat thing to do for the month of April and it is called the Ultimate Blog Challenge. If you would like to find out more about it please check out their website Ultimate Blog Challenge (click here). This is a good idea and a way to keep me motivated to blogging. You can sign up at their website to receive emails to give you ideas on what to blog about if you need help. It is also a way to get your blog out there and to create more traffic. So here goes for day one. 


This blog post is brought to you by Kristin at Rukristin (click here to visit). I like her idea of telling your story one week at a time. I am going to tweek mine a little and tell you my story one month at a time and give you a recap at the end of the month.

Watching
This week Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge and Outlander all start back up. I can't wait to see the new episodes of each of them. Also there is going to be a new show starring called Wolf Hall, this is based on the book by Hilary Mantel. I am looking forward to it. I have also been watching a lot of HGTV lately. 

Reading
Let's see what have I been reading. I just finished Recipe for Murder by Lisa Harris which was a cozy mystery. Another cozy I just finished was Books can be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay who happens to be one of my favorite authors. I am almost finished with Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Today I am starting a new series by another of my favorite authors and it is The Wanderer by Robyn Carr the first book in her Thunder Point series. 

Feeling
The month of March has been a very emotional one for me. It all started on March 6th when my husband was in a car accident. At first we just thought he had a mild case of whiplash but it turned out that he has two bulging and one herniated disc in his neck. Due to this he has had a lot of pain, headaches and generally not feeling well. He has missed a lot of work due to this which has caused a whole other can of worms since I no longer work. His car was totaled so we had to find a new mode of transportation. Another stress factor was we hired an accountant to do our business taxes this year and ended not being a good decision as we had to fire him as he was not doing his job. So I learned quickly how to do our taxes on my own. So I have had a lot of ups and downs this month. I am hoping April will be a better month.

Making
I am going to be making some little cards for my pen pals that are participating in One Little Word with me. It will have an image that has a variety of words that relates to their words. It is kind of hard to explain so I will show you mine. I am doing this so that way they will have a way to keep their word with them at all times. I have found an app for my phone that will do this for you. It is call wordpac and I have had fun playing with it. 



Planning
This month I plan on blogging once a day and keeping up with the Ultimate Blog Challenge. I also plan on getting a few more of my self-help type books read. If I get this done I hope it will help my blogging and get me started on writing that book that I want to write. 

Loving
Of course I am loving my family. My sister has been putting pictures of her little ones on Facebook for us to see and they always make me smile. I am also loving that I am finally using some of my vast collection of pens. This last week I purchased two books that I love and will be looking at over and over again. I got Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder and annotated by Pamela Smith. This is Laura's original manuscript that was rejected by her publisher. It also has so many extras to read about. The second book I bought was The Outlandish Companion by Diana Gabaldon. This is all things Outlander related from synopsis of the books, genealogies of the main characters, to horoscopes for Jaime and Claire. There is so much packed into this book that I will spend hours and hours looking at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment