Introvert: (noun): a person that turns their thoughts inward: a person that recharges with introspection.
I never really thought of myself as an introvert but after reading a post on the Nerd Nest by Megan I realized that I am very much an introvert. To read her post about her ten reasons she is introverted please visit her blog at The Nerd Nest (click here).
1) I prefer to be by myself or with one friend than in a large group
2) I need and enjoy my solitude and quiet time
3) I would rather be reading
4) I am shy and have a hard time making friends
5) Hectic activities make me nervous, uneasy and sometimes angry
6) I often feel alone in a crowd
7) I have an old soul or have been told so
8) I notice details that others may not
9) I always sit at the end of a bench never in the middle
10) I have been told I am too intense
I have recently read a few things about introverts that have also lead me realize that this is me. I am not ashamed to admit it, in fact I feel better knowing it. Now I know there is a reason for the way I am and it is not just me being anti-social like some people think. People do not understand that it is hard for me to go to activities where there are a lot of people or it is loud and I don't know anyone. I feel very out of place and uncomfortable. Are you an introvert of extrovert?