Thursday, April 23, 2015

Feelings - Good or Bad We All Have Them


When I first started this blog I wanted it to be a place where I could document my journey from changing the way I think. For me I was and still am trying to learn how to be more positive. I want to not only be positive I want to have positive feelings and to look for the positive aspect in things not the negative. Well I have ended up using my blog for more of a journal. This is not all bad and it does include some of my changes that I wanted to document. For me one of the changes I have gone through this last year is journaling and blogging more, but I am still working on the positive thinking. Last night as I was laying in bed I was thinking of some things that were bothering me and one of the big reasons I tend to become negative and I decided I wanted to blog about it. 

One thing I do not understand is how one person can make the people around them feel so bad. Some people just do not understand that the things they say and do really hurt people. It makes no sense how everything that comes out of your mouth is negative. No matter what anyone says to you you have a come back to make the people feel bad. You are not always right, you need to be proud of the people around you and the things they do, you need to respect their ideas, feelings and opinions, you need to not look down on those who are close to you. If only people would live by these ideas then the world would be a better place. 


I know for me that words hurt and it is hard to forget sometimes what people say or do. Actions can be just as bad as words. You may say one thing but do something else and that shows the person that what came out of your mouth was not genuine. Some people have to live with this for years and years and feel as if they can never do anything right, say anything right, are not smart, and don't know anything. If you have lived with this for most of your life then you will know how hard it is to go through changes on learning how to think and be more positive. 

Sometimes you are not able to change the people you are around who are bringing you down. So you need to find a new way to shut down the negativity. It may be to not really listen to what is being said, walking away, or not starting conversations with the person.  These are some tactics that you can use in your everyday life to try and limit the amount of negativity from the person causing the problem for you. You would hope this would help the person who is doing this to you to wake up and see what is going on, but let me tell you it does not. The person needs to realize what they are doing and want to change on their own. 

If this is your life you need to learn to look for the positive aspects in your life as well have them. Sometimes you just have to look a little hard than others. Try to surround yourself with positive words - whether it is people, a vision board with sayings, things you are watching or listening to or finding things to read. I know this is sometimes easier said than done but we need to all work on this. You will have good days and bad days when going down this path but in the end it will be worth it.  Try to find a person that is a positive thinking person and learn from them on how to live your life more positive. 


Some ways to bring positive into your life while dealing with these issues are to smile. The more you smile and laugh the better you will feel. Laughter is healing. Say thank you and have a good day to everyone you deal with in the public whether is it a cashier, a receptionist at an office or your mail carrier. You never know what that person is going through and your one nice thing may make a big difference in their day. 

Start and end each day with a positive thought. As the saying goes one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. The same goes for ending the day. Try to go to bed with a positive attitude. There is always something positive that has happened in your day. It may be something as simple as the sun was shining today, you got a letter in the mail, or you got all  your work done you needed to. Gretchen Rubin has a great five year journal that you can use for this. The Happiness Project One Sentence Journal - A Five Year Record. This is a good way to end your day, write down your one positive thought from the day. 

Read or listen to books about happiness. One of my favorite books is Happy for No Reason by Marci Shimoff. She gives you seven steps for being happy from the inside out. I listened to this book in the car on my way to work. It is a good book and has some good tips to follow. Another good book is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin again this it a good book to learn how to be happier. This book is a good one to start in January and take a whole year to read as her chapters are done by the month. Gretchen also has a great podcast as well that I listen to each week. It is called Happier with Gretchen Rubin. I really need to go back and read these books again. 

Surround yourself with positive people, positive thoughts, positive things to read, watch and see. Create a vision board whether it is on Pinterest or you find pictures to cut out and put on a board where you can see it all day long. Make it a point to write down positive quotes when you see them. I find when I write things down I remember them better. 






1 comment:

  1. You are right! To be positive -- surround yourself with positive people and positive thoughts!
    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete