Friday, January 2, 2015

One Little Word - 2015

Image credit to Ali Edwards

One Little Word is a project created by Ali Edwards. She started this project in 2006 to choose a word that she could reflect on for the entire year. Once a month you will receive a lesson from Ali that will help with different ways to reflect on your word. To learn more about the project and One Little Word please check out Ali's website by clicking here.

As most of you know last year I took part in the One Little Word project for the first time. I really enjoyed it. Last year my word was CHANGE. The reason I picked change was because I wanted to make some changes in my life. One of the big changes I wanted to make was to think more positively. For me this was a thing that took some work as I tend to think of the glass as being half empty more than times than I think of it as being half full. Something that has helped me to be a more positive person it to surround myself with more positive things. I now have a board in my office with many positive thoughts on it, I have some nice plaques both at home and work with positive sayings and words on them, I have been listening to and reading self-help books and learning to not things get to me so much. Now I will admit some days I do slip but I have made some great strides in my attitude change and I will continue to work on this forever. 

For 2015 I have chosen the word DREAM. The reason I have chosen this word is because I believe it is important to dream. If you do not have dreams you have nothing in my opinion. This year I plan on making goals out of my dreams and turn my dreams into reality. Here is a quote that I have found that says perfectly what I want to do this year. 


It is important to have both big dreams and small dreams. If you do this then you will be able to obtain you dreams more easily. I am looking forward to see where my word will take me this year. One dream I will be working on this year is writing a book. It has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl and this year I am going to make this dream a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment