Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Little Word - August 2014


CHANGE

For this month's prompt we were to write/document the soundtrack of your life right now. 

I am not one that has to have music playing in fact more often than not I turn my radio off. I do like to listen to some music just not all the time so this was a little hard for me to do. Also I can't remember the names of songs or who sang them just parts of the lyrics. So here it my list, I tried to pick some songs that I can relate to at this time. 

One song I always seem to feel as it it explains my life is Is there life out there by Reba McEntire. 

Love Song for a Savior by Jars of Clay seems to be another that makes me feel good when I listen to it. 

Two songs that make me smile and think of my husband are My Best Friend by  Tim McGraw and God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton

Lindsey Sterling is also someone whose music and help to relax and calm me. 

Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson is a great song to listen to when thinking about change. 

A great empowering song for women is Independence Day by Martina McBride

One Step Up by Kenny Chesney also is a good way to look at change - remember for every two steps back you can take one step forward. 

Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts is another good one for inspiration. 

Here are a few of my favorite lines from each of the songs I picked. 

I'm scared of change and the days stay the same - Shatter Me by Lindsey Sterling

Let the weak be strong, let the right be wrong - Independence Day by Martina McBride

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly. I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky. And Ill make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway - Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

But I got lost a time or two, wiped my brow and kept pushing through - Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

She'll always lived for tomorrow, she's never learned how to live for today. She's dyin' to try something foolish, do something crazy or just get away, something for herself for a change - Is There Life Out There by Reba McEntire

When I look at myself I don't see the man I wanted to be, somewhere along the line I slipped off track livin' one step up and two steps back - One Step Up by Kenny Chesney

You stand by me and believe in me, like nobody ever has. When my world goes crazy, you're right there to save me. You make me see how much I have - Your My Best Friend by Tim McGraw

God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt and when I think I lost my way there are no words left to say, it's true God gave me you - God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton

When I started writing this post I was not sure of what I would use but now I am happy with what I chose as each song means something to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment