Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Daily 2014 - Days 3 & 4


Day 3
Family Memories

Lately I have been thinking a lot about family members that are no longer with us and all the memories of them. So I would like to write a memory for some of them.

Great Grandma Mayberry - I remember getting to play the card game May I with her. I miss her and that game. 

Grandpa and Grandma Mayberry - It was always fun going their house for holidays - especially as all of our family would be there to celebrate with. 

Uncle Kenny Peterson - He was a great big teddy bear that we did not get to see often but when we did he made us laugh. He introduced me to honeycrisp apples which are think are the best red apples ever. 

Melva & Ruby - These are my aunts from Vermillion, SD and are Norweigian. I loved listening to them tell stories of days gone by. Their favorite word that they always said was "honestly". I miss that. 

Joyce & Dewayne - I enjoyed going to their house to see the horses and listen to stories they would tell.

Grandpa Peterson - I remember going to Lake Shetec with him and staying for a week and riding on the pontoon boat. 

Great Grandpa Peterson - I remember he would give us a half dollar every time we would stop and see him. 

Grandpa Newcomb - I remember he loved watching Hee Haw and Mash on TV and if you would try to change the channel while he was dozing he would know it and tell you he was not asleep. 

What fun memories. 

Day 4
Best Gifts

One of the best gifts I have received was my Brett Favre jersey. My husband put a in some planning behind this gift so it really meant a lot to me. 

Some of my other favorite gifts that I have received over the years - dollhouse, kitchen, Barbie sets, books, favorite movies, Packers blanket, history of the Packers DVD and my ropers (boots).

These are all the ones I can think of at the moment, but I will also say any gift is a good one especially if it comes from the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment