Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Daily 2014 - Days 15 - 17


Day 15:
Anniversary Memories

Scott and I got married at 17 and 19 and I was still in high school so we did not have a honeymoon. I remember our wedding day 25 years ago as it was the coldest day of the season.

Every year since we have been married we go out to dinner for our anniversary as our little way of celebrating. For the first 10 years or so we also would spend the night at a hotel just to have the night to ourselves. But as the kids got older that part of our tradition fell by the wayside. For our 20th wedding anniversary we got matching wedding ring tattoos that Scott designed. He said since he had been married that long and could never wear a ring due to his job it was about time to get one he could wear. 

This year on December 15th marks our 25th wedding anniversary and Scott wanted to do something special so he planned a trip to Key West for us. We were able to spend four days and three nights there. We stayed at the Key Lime Inn and had a very nice time. He told me he wanted me to be able to do whatever I wanted. So we went to the Lighthouse, did a ghost tour, went to the Southernmost Point of the US, seen Ernest Hemingway's home, saw the Little White House where Truman ran the country in the winters while he was in the office, at some great food, did a lot of walking and relaxed. It was a great trip and I will be forever grateful to Scott for giving me an anniversary I can remember. 

Day 16:
Perfect Christmas

My perfect Christmas would be spent in Nebraska with a new fresh white sparkling layer of snow on the ground. I would have my grandparents especially Grandma and Grandpa Mayberry as well as aunts and uncles like Kenny Peterson, Melva and Ruby around. All of my nieces and nephews would be there as well - oh and don't forget Santa would make a special appearance for the kids young and old. 

Everyone would get along and be happy as can be. There would be a great meal followed by lots of story telling from the grandparents, aunts and uncles of days gone by and Christmas' from when they were a child. Everyone would receive the perfect gift.

Next we would go on a tour of houses decorated both inside and out for the season. Some would have bright lights and some would be decorated with a historic motif inside. When all was over everyone would remember this as the best day ever. 

Day 17:
Letter to anyone

Dear Grandma Mayberry,

I want to let you know how much I miss you. There are many days that I think of you and wish I could stop in for a visit or give you a call.  I think you would be happy with all that I have done since you have left us. I know you keep watch over me and that makes me feel good. I sure hope you are happy in your new home with all of our ancestors and are having fun playing cards and telling stories. It must be nice to to be able to do that after all the work you have done in your life. One day I will see you again and what a happy day that will be. Until then I love you and will keep thinking of you. 

Love Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment