Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December Daily 2014 - Days 11 - 14


Day 11
Scenes of Christmas

When I think of Christmas I think of white fluffy snow on the ground. Glistening trees covered in frost, bright twinkling lights on the houses - a nice peaceful look. 

On the inside I see beautifully decorated trees filed with all sorts of ornaments and covered in lights. presents will be stacked underneath the tree completing the look. I also like to see Christmas villages all set up with their street and house lights glowing. You can almost feel yourself walking through this village. Don't forget to set out all the Christmas cards you have received to remember all of your family and friends. 

Seeing the families get together is one of the best scenes of all along with all the smiling faces on Christmas morning. 

Day 12
Goals

Goals are a good thing to have to help you progress in life. I have been reading a lot about them and am currently working on setting goals tat are obtainable. 

A big goal I have is to become debt free, that will take some doing but I am confident I can do it. I also want to try and be healthier not only through my eating but through exercising. I just need to learn how to discipline myself. 

Another goal I have to write a book as it has been a dream of mine for sometime. I would also like to do some traveling abroad. These are just a few things I have in mind for myself.

Day 13
A Story of Today

I would like to tell you that my story of today is action packed and full of adventure but my days are quite the opposite. Most days for me are mundane and boring. I am sure some people would love that but there are days I wish for a little excitement. 

My day starts at 5 am when the alarm goes off, then it is up to wash my hair, pack my lunch and out the door by 5:25. Then starts the 50 minute drive through the lovely traffic to arrive to work about 6:20. Next come nine hours of typing legal documents with an hour lunch thrown in to read and take a nap. At 4 pm it is time to head for home and since the traffic is heavier than it was in the morning it will now take me between and hour and an hour and ten minutes before I reach home. Now on to cleaning up the kitchen from the days messes left behind from those not at work, then fix supper, eat, do dishes, head to the shower and finally about 7:30 or so I can sit down to read and relax a little. I head to bed about 10:30 to start the day all over again. 

This is how my days are Monday through Friday having every other Friday off work. Oh the lives we live. 

Day 14
Christmas Movies/Music

There are a lot of different Christmas movies and even more Christmas soundtracks out there if you look. I myself am not big on any of these. I have to say some of my reasoning comes from the media over hyping things and over playing them. I really don't think we need to start hearing Christmas music in October. 

My favorite Christmas shows are the old cartoons I watched as a kid such as Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and How the Grinch Stole Christmas to name a few. 

As for music I am not a big music person in general - but there are a few things I do like. For example I enjoy Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller. There are a few other songs I like as well - Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas cs, Walking in a Winter Wonderland and there is a newer one I like I think it is called New Boy in Town but not sure. 

I love Christmas just not the over hyped media version of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment