Friday, November 21, 2014

Happiness Project = September


Happiness Project - September - Pursue a Passion

Gretchen's passion that she chose to pursue was books. If you know anything about me books would also be my passion as I live and breath them. Let's see what Gretchen says to do to help you pursue your passion.

First off she says to write a novel - this works for me. Yes it is going to be hard but I want to do this. It is kind of funny that this was the first thing on her list. Recently I talked to my husband and one of my dreams that I have had for a very long time and it was to write a book. Not just any book but a book about Laura Ingalls Wilder. Then the more I thought about writing a book the more ideas I was coming up. My family as told me to go for it that I could do. So now I need to jump in and just do it. Gretchen talks about a friend of hers who says she can write a novel in a month, now I know this sounds unreal buy I have been finding many books that can help you to do this. I have purchased a couple of them, so we shall see if they can help me. 

To write a novel in a month you start without any preparation, you don't edit yourself and then you write 1,667 words a day and fifty-thousand word novel in thirty days. Sounds easy doesn't it. So what is stopping you. 

Next thing on Gretchen's list for this month is to make time - you have to be sure to make time for whatever your passion is and makes you happy. I make time each day for reading books as that is the thing that I am most passionate about. What is something that you like to make time for?

Third on her list is to forget about the results - since you are pursuing your passion you do not have to have any results you can just dive in with gusto. No need to worry about why you are doing it just do it. 

Lastly, Gretchen says to master a new technology - The new technology that she took on was to make books. In fact one of the books she made was she took her daughter's drawings and had them made into a book to preserve the memories. This one I am going to think on, I am not sure yet what new technology I want to master. 

No comments:

Post a Comment