Monday, July 7, 2014

Grateful Heart Monday


Today I am grateful for being able to take today and tomorrow off from work to be with my daughter. She went to the oral surgeon and had all four of her wisdom teeth cut out. She did very well and I am proud of her. In the past I might have only taken off the first day and since she is old enough and my parents live with us I would have went on to work. But know I am learning to not take thing for granted and to be a happier person, so when my daughter asked me to stay home with her tomorrow I said absolutely. In the past I have picked my job over my kids and I am not doing it anymore. Even though my kids are 18 and 22 they still should be and will be the ones to come first. You can not replace your family but you can replace your job. I am learning how to change things and I have decided it is not too late as the saying goes better late than never.

So I guess I am also grateful this week for learning how to change and become the person I want to be. I am slowing learning how to be more positive person as well as a happier person. I am taking baby steps to learning this and am happy for each one. I have some books on tape, you tube videos of seminars and books that are helping me along the way and am grateful for each of these people that are helping me along the way.

Be sure to stop by Ember Grey (click here) to see the other stops on this tour.

2 comments:

  1. Sending well wishes to your daughter, Angela! I remember when I had my wisdom teeth taken out- not fun at all! And my mom was there to take care of me - it meant SO much. No matter how old I get I will always lean on my mom. I'm so glad you're able to be there for her and I'm sure she appreciates it so, so much. It speaks so much that you are taking steps to make your life (inside and out) a more positive one. Good for you! I went through a change like this a few years ago and started Twelve Months of Bliss - one challenge, each month, for a year. You can check it out here: http://12monthsofbliss.blogspot.com/p/whats-this-all-about.html
    Even though it's not "active" anymore, you can still do it on your own - it definitely helped me! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (For the 12 months of bliss, you can just click on each month at the side to find each month's challenge. I originally started it in the month of June.)

      Delete