Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Grateful Heart Monday


I have to say this week has already been hard for me so I have been in a state of mind where I was trying to find something to be grateful for. One thing I need to remember for myself and to tell others that this is the best time to find something to be grateful for. We should not dwell on the negative but instead look for the positive. This is one of my biggest struggles. I am working on it but it takes baby steps.

So here is my grateful. I am grateful that I have my husband's and not just my own as my employer messed up and we did not get paid on time and had to go the whole weekend without a paycheck until Monday morning. There were other employees that were a lot worse off than me.

I am grateful for my husband's and friend at work's ear for me to bend when I need to be angry and then sad. For me I take such pride in my work and respect my employer and expect the same back from her. My employer has a very condensending (sp) way of talking to people and it cuts to your core when it is unnecessary. She just acts as if she is better than others and no one is better than someone else. My husband and co-worker know how she can be and help me to get over it.

I am grateful that I have missed two major accidents on the road the last two days on the way home. I am very sorry for the people involved in the accidents and their families. You never know when or what will happen to you.

I am grateful that I have a home to come home to and relax when the day is done. Tonight my husband and son are making supper to let me have the night "off". I am sure I will have to clean up after them but am happy to have a few minutes to relax before hand.

Last but not least this week, I am grateful for Ember Grey for doing this blog to make me stop and think about things I am grateful for even when you think things are not so great at this time. There is always something to be grateful for in your life.

Be sure to stop by Ember Grey (click here) to see what others are grateful for and to join in on the fun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Angela. I don't know what's been going on this week but not only did I have a really hard Monday, but so did a lot of other people I talked to. We ALL were having a hard time finding things to be grateful for. I don't know what it is about even a few bumps in the road- it feels like it throws everything off. But the good news is that God is bigger than any of our rough days - His love is greater. You are in His hands, always, and especially during hard times. I'm sending you lots of (blog) love and will have you in my prayers tonight. Tomorrow is a new day XO (And thank you so much for linking up- it makes me so happy that you do!)

    ReplyDelete