Monday, June 16, 2014

Grateful Heart Monday


I found this new to me blog post that I am going to start participating in and invite you to join along. It is brought to you by Ember Grey. Here is the link for you join along (click here)

Grateful - what does it mean? Webster's Dictionary says - appreciate of benefits received, thankful. So when you ask someone what they are grateful for the most common answers are family, friends and job. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those answers as we should all be grateful for those things. But I would like to think a little deeper than that and come up with some other things to be grateful for. Part of my changing to become a better, more successful and positive thinking person this year is to find out what I am grateful for. 


In otherwords he is saying be grateful with what you already have. So what am I grateful for this week?

My ability to read and learn. Without those I would be lost in this world. Reading is my life and as you read you will learn. The more you read the more you learn. If it was possible I think I could be a professional student as I enjoy learning about new things. 


My ability to see and hear. Without these you would miss seeing all the beautiful things that nature has created for us to enjoy. Learn to stop and enjoy the scenes around you and relax for a minute. Without the the ability to hear you would miss out on all the great musicians, your loving words from family and friends and so many other great conversations and speakers that can help to motivate you. 


My ability to touch and feel. Without these you would never hold a loved ones hand or feel the soft fluffy fur of a new kitten. There are so many things in this would that you would miss out on if we could not touch or feel. Just think of all the things you like to hold. 


My ability to to think and dream. Without these you have nothing. To not think you will get no where in life. You must think everyday whether it is about what you are going to do with your day or what you need to do to accomplish a task that day. As for dreams we must all have dreams for without our dreams you are lost. You will have nothing to work for or to strive for. Dreams can be big or small, real or fictional but at least dream. Dreams can take you anywhere you want to go. 

In ending I am thankful for my life and all the potential it has for me in the present and the future. 






3 comments:

  1. Angela!!!! :) I am SO happy you linked up today, and happy to "meet" you! This is such a great post - all things to be grateful for, for sure! I am really looking forward to getting to know you better via blogland ;) Hope you have a great week!!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily, I would enjoy getting to know you better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is really good! There are so many things to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete