Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happiness Project - March


I am a little late in getting up March's post regarding the Happiness Project but that is ok, better late than never. 

This month Gretchen's main focus that she talked about was Aim Higher. Here are Gretchen's suggestions on how to achieve this: 

  • Launch a blog
  • Enjoy the fun of failure
  • Ask for help
  • Work smart
  • Enjoy now

Launch a blog - well I have already done this, in fact I have two of them one of them (Griperang's Bookmarks) focuses all on books. I use the blog to review books and highlight authors. My second blog is this one. I started it to help myself change and to be more positive but I have not really posted much of anything until this month. I was stuck in a blah mode. Well I decided to jump in with both feet and start writing this month. I have been doing very good and posting each day. I am working on some projects that have really made me think about myself more. I am really enjoying the writing. 

Enjoy the fun of failure - This is one spot I will really have to work on as I have low self esteem so when people tell me I did something not good. I need to look at things in a more positive way and learn how to use the criticism to improve what I do. 

Ask for help - This is one thing I am very good at, if I do not know how to do something or need a suggestion on something I am not afraid to ask for help. I would rather ask for help than to do it wrong or for someone not to like what I do. 

Work smart - Some days I am better at this than other days. I liked Gretchen's idea of working for 90 minutes at a time, that would help to break up your work time. Also she says not to focus on what you will not get done in a hour or day but to focus on what you will get done in a week or month. Also make your work environment more friendly and relaxing to you. Gretchen burns a certain type of candle, I have decorated my office with things I want to look at, positive saying and good scents. 

Enjoy now - This is a really good one to focus on and to make a very important part of what I am trying to learn to do. I really and I mean really need to learn how to enjoy now. Stop looking for the negative, complaining or waiting for the other shoe to drop. Reflect on things you have done and enjoy to help you with this goal. 

Thank you for sticking with me on this project and stay tuned for April

No comments:

Post a Comment