Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happiness Project - January

I started reading the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin in January and I thought I would share with you. 


In January I read how to boost energy. Some of Gretchen's suggestions are to:
  • Go to sleep earlier
  • Exercise better
  • Toss, restore, organize
  • Tackle a nagging task
  • Act more energetic
Go to sleep earlier - This was a little hard for me as I like to stay up as late as possible during the week to read and on the weekends to catch up on tv. Well I have started to some nights go to bed a little earlier even if it is only thirty minutes early. If I am a little more tired one night then I will go ahead and go to bed rather than push myself to stay up. 

Exercise better - This has been a little easier because as a family we started going to the gym three times a week. We slacked off in February as we have all been sick, but we are going to pick back up as we all enjoy going to the gym. Rachel and I are also going to start yoga here at home on the off days. 

Toss, restore, organize - I have to say I liked this one as I always want my stuff organized. For this I started going through things in the house starting with one room at a time. In each room I have been going through things and either tossing them, donating them or just plain organizing. I still have one bookshelf and one room to do, so I feel I have done pretty good with this. 

Tackle a nagging task - This would have to be going through and cleaning up our spare room/office. I have pretty much tackled this although this is an ongoing task as things seem to get thrown in there just to be put out of the way and before you know it the room is cluttered again. So this task will be ongoing. 

Act more energetic - How do you do this? Well I have tried to make sure and do something even when I do not feel like it. It may be something as simple as just cleaning off the coffee table or organizing some papers but at least try to do something to feel like you have energy rather than be a bump on a long. 

Stay tuned for February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment