Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days Writing Challenge - Day 1


I found this project today and after much thought about it I think I am going to try and participate in it. It is 31 days of writing. My 31 days is going to be about staying positive, thinking good thoughts, and good memories. Some days my posts may be small and other days they may be longer, but I am going to strive to keep this goal. 


Today's post is going to be my favorite things. I found this idea on the Friendship Friday Post that I use on here from time to time. If you want to visit the site it is Create with Joy. When I first saw this idea the song from The Sound of Music movie popped into my head and it got me to thinking what are a few of my favorite things. 


One of my most favorite things is books. I love to read and will never in my lifetime have too many books. The other day I reorganized my bookshelves and when I was done I sad I needed yet another bookshelf because you know the four I have are not enough. Well my daughter said to me to take off the books you have read, I looked at her and quietly said I have not read any of these yet. Books are like a security blanket to me and I take them everywhere. I don't buy as many books anymore as I do many reviews and win some and if I do buy them - I buy used or at a cheaper cost. I will never stop buying books. 


Another favorite thing of mine is quiet time. I know many people like to listen to music or turn on their TV as soon as they open their eyes, but not me.  I prefer to have silence, so much so that when I leave work I turn my radio off in the car on the way home just to have quiet. If I am the first one up I do not turn the TV on for at least an hour as I want to enjoy the peace and quiet. 


Of course one of my favorite things of all time is my family. I enjoy just hanging out playing cards with them, watching TV or having a nice conversation with them. I also like to go on little trips with them and hang out at the bookstore then go to dinner with them. It is always fun to do things with your family. 


Some of my favorite things to collect are bookmarks and postcards. I have large collections of both of them. Everytime someone I know goes anywhere I ask them if they can pick up a bookmark or postcard. It is a cheap piece of memorabilia as well as does not take up much space. I have some of each from all over the world. I use each of my bookmarks at least once. I guess you could say I also collect pens and journals as everytime I see one I like I have to have them but don't always use them. I also like to collect lighthouses. They are intriguing to me as there is a lot of history and they are very beautiful to me. 


My favorite sayings are Keep Calm and Carry On and Live, Laugh, Love. There are different versions of each of these out there now and I enjoying seeing them. Now if I could only learn to live by the motto Keep Calm and Carry On. In my house I have many of these sayings around. 


Other favorite thing of mine are:

TV shows - Big Bang Theory, Downton Abbey, Real Housewives and Football
Movies - Under the Tuscan Sun, Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz and Titanic
Books - The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon, Sara Donati's series, Nora Roberts - Bride Quartet and The Innboro Series, The Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr, The Emma Harte Series by Barbara Taylor Bradford
Color - Green mostly but I have started liking pink and brown as well as turquoise and brown together. 
Sports Team - Green Bay Packers

So after reading my list of favorite things - what are some of yours?










4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. =)
    I think Lighthouses are very pretty! Bookmarks and postcards are wonderful to collect, your collections sound nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lighthouses - I have actually been to two here in Florida and hope to one day get over my fears and climb to the top of one

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I like your list of things you collect :) I more collect clothing and shoes than actual things. Lol. I love t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, and Converses... and have more of each than I technically NEED, but they are all different and I wear all of them. I love Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey also :) And you know I love to read! I so love the part where you turn to your daughter and tell her you haven't read any of those ones yet. I am that way, too! Such a big pile of books to read, and yet I keep buying more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like we have a few things in common. I like t-shirts myself as well.

      Delete