Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Days of Writing Challenge- Day 3


Today's post is going to be a quick one. I want to tell you about doing a good deed. I say an elderly gentleman hit the car two cars ahead of me not once but twice. I rolled my window down to see if the lady needed help and she asked me to call 911. Then the guy started to back up and I thought he was going to hit my car. By this time I was out of my car, I told him to stop and he did not listen so I told him again to stop and that he needed to put his car in park then he said he was going to move so I told him again to put the car in park. By this time the police are on the way. I then called home to say I would be late and the next thing I know the guy is writing my license number down the next thing I know he is in my face and I mean so close that his nose was almost touching mine. I was on the phone with my husband so he could hear. The guy told me I was causing trouble and I said you better not hit me. Finally the sheriff came who moved us off the road while waiting for the city police to come. While waiting I found out the lady's husband had just passed away a month ago and her car was only two weeks old. She had no one so I am glad that I stopped and stayed with her as I normally don't stop. I gave her my cold bag to keep her ice cream cold so it would not melt in her car. She was very nice and very appreciative of all I did and felt bad for what the guy did to me. I think the man was confused about who he was and what was going on. 

I guess the moral of the story is you never know when just being there is what someone may need from you. So take the extra step once in a while and just be there for someone who needs it. 

4 comments:

  1. I think its great that you helped the lady, it was very supportive of you! Way to go!
    Im sorry the guy got "in your face"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa - it did have me a little freaked out.

      Delete
  2. Wow! So glad you were there and able to help the lady. Sounds like a scary situation! Proud of you! One time I was at work and a mean older guy came in and started yelling at my friend for some reason while she was ringing up his items, and she started crying and I felt so horrible for her, and he told HER to take a chill pill, even though she hadn't done anything, and, trying to defend her, I said back at him, "You!" As in, YOU take a chill pill. What a lame comeback! But it made the guy settle down a bit and afterwards my friend and I were able to laugh about my stupid response. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I am usually tougher on the phone at work than I am in person but I guess it was my adrenaline that had me going.

      Delete