Sunday, September 15, 2013

Something Good - Friendship Friday


This week's theme for Friendship Friday by Create With Joy is something good. So here is my post for the week. I would also to take a second to say thank you to Create With Joy for mentioning my blog in her post for this week's Friendship Friday. Check out her post here.


When I sat down to write this post it was Friday the 13th. Everyone always dreads this date as it is known to be a bad day due to all the superstitions we have heard our whole lives. Well I decided not to pay attention to the date and I must say it was actually not a bad day at all. So this is going to be the first something good of the week. 


Friday started out for me with a nice dream but right on the heels of that dream was a bad dream that had me so upset I could not get back to sleep. I did not let that bother me though. I got up as my alarm was going to go off in 45 minutes anyway and I took the time to relax a little and the enjoy the quiet that I enjoy so much. I took my time getting ready for work, had a little breakfast, checked emails and enjoyed our cats. In getting ready for work I found my hair was back to normal, I know this is a weird thing to write but for about three days my hair has been heavy and looking more oily/discolored. I am a very self-conscious person and this was upsetting me all week to the point my family thought I was crazy so for my hair to be back to normal was a very good start to the day. The traffic Friday was extra good and I got to work in about 45 minutes which is about ten minutes less time than normal. Work on Friday was a good as well. I got through a lot of files, everyone was in a decent mood and even though we had a meeting all went well and I got leave work an hour early which is always nice. 


My something good had continued through the weekend for me. Or at least that is how I feel about it. Saturday started out nice and at a slow pace. I then went shopping with my parents and we stayed under budget with our groceries and mom and I even bought a book or two. I found a great sale on the water my husband drinks which was a nice surprise. My husband was extra nice and helped out with the laundry (which he does not do unless I am really sick) by getting over half of it done while I was grocery shopping. Now all the laundry and chores are done for the weekend. This means I have the next two days to do nothing but read which I can't wait to do. Yes you read that right two days as I have Monday off of work. Today even though I woke up with a bit of a headache and toothache ( I think my sinuses are acting up) it is going to be a great day. Scott made us breakfast and I am going to do some reading and catch up on tv with my daughter. The only thing that could be better is if Rachel starts to feel better. She has been fighting a virus for over a week. 


In life we need to learn to take the time to look for the something good, it may not always be the easiest to find but it is there waiting for you to find it. There may be times that you have to look a little deeper but there is always something good if you just look deep enough. 



Here are a few more things that I think of as being my something good that I would  like to share with you - my health (even if I don't feel great each and every day - I am thankful that I wake up each day and am in generally good health - also I have to brag a little and say that I have lost 10 pounds since I started my new health style which was the day I started this blog as well), my loving family (even if I get upset with them from time to time I know that they are always there for me when I need them), my husband (Scott) who knows how to brighten my day and can always make me feel good, the fact that my son (Matthew) is doing really good with his move to Nebraska (I am so proud of him and it is great to see him being an adult) and that he has a good job, my daughter's (Rachel) smile and caring attitude and that we are friends, the joy my nieces and nephews (Kayla, Brianna, Alex, Madalynn and David) bring to me when I get to talk to them, that I have a decent job and a dependable vehicle to get me there, my books and the fact that I get so many of them free now, and my animals (even if these cats drive us crazy at times they are still a joy to have around). My list of something good is done in no particular order. 


Remember that something good can also be something you do and does not always have to be something you have. For example my sister (Sandy) does not have much but she would give it to you if you needed help. Rachel loves helping kids that have autism. I know when I have volunteered for different things in the past it makes me feel good to help others. Now I am an ear for my sister when she needs someone to talk to and that is my something good I do for her. 


My challenge to you is to come up with a list of your something good that you have in your life. It is there just look for it. I would love to hear about your something good if you would like to share. 




3 comments:

  1. My something good? Let's see...even though I've had health issues, I am still mobile and able to be active with my grandchildren. They keep me young. Skyping is also my something good. Without it, I would not be able to see and talk to my daughter and grandson...which would be heartbreaking. My biggest something good, is my relationship with God. I am constantly in communication with Him and without that, my days would be lost.
    Great post! Sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Angela! I do try to look for the good things, the blessings, even though sometimes they seem hard to find. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rejoice everyday in the fact that I feel pretty good most days, and try to look at the positive things around me. =)

    ReplyDelete