Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday

I know two posts in two days, right. Well I found another meme that sounded like a fun thing to write about.

This meme is hosted by Colletta's Kitchen Sink and I thought it would be fitting for this blog. It is called 5 on Friday.


This week's five on Friday is list five things that made you smile this week. Here is my list:

1. Talking to my son on the phone for 30 minutes when he called me out of the blue. 

2. Seeing pictures of my 3 year old nephew in the pool with his 19 year old sister having fun.

3. Giving out booklets and bookmarks at the library today to help an author promote her book. 

4. Hearing my family say the new recipes I tried this week were great and keep them. 

5. Joking with the young guys at work, they always know how to make the day go by faster. 

Ok I am going to add a few extras here. 

6. Getting a letter from an author that was very personal and you know she paid attention to your review blog. 

7. Seeing my daughter smile and be happy about school this year. 

8. Our cat Blue trying to "help" me whether it was preparing veggies for supper, folding towels or cleaning the bathroom. 

9. Being able to help someone who calls at work and getting a thank you instead of being called names.

10. Having a four day weekend with no plans but to read. 

Ok your turn what are five things that made you smile this week? I would love to hear them. 

4 comments:

  1. Angela,
    I like this positive idea. Who was the author you got to meet up with at the library?

    Here are my 5 things:
    1) Our new car
    2) Hanging out with friends who were visiting from NJ.
    3) Visiting my daughter and son in law
    4) My daughter is pregnant and due in a few weeks. Seeing how big she has gotten.
    5) Watching my daughter and SIL enjoy looking at and reading through the scrapbook i made for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to meet up with an author but Author Denise Swanson sent me bookmarks and booklets to pass out to help her promote her book and Author Joanna Campbell Slan sent me a very nice letter. I have to review one of her books and she sent me a second book because of what I had on my blog, which was very nice.

      Delete
  2. My 5 things that made me smile this week are
    1. Enjoying a new game with my Son
    2. Enjoying a conversation about books with my Daughter.
    3. Holding my newborn Great-nephew last weekend
    4. a big glass of iced tea
    5. a funny repeat episode of "Frazier"

    ReplyDelete